Silver T Service
The Silver T Service consists of local transport for older persons to conduct their daily errands within the community, without having to depend on their families and friends.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
The service operates between Monday and Friday from 7:00am till 2:00pm and provides local transport facilities to those older persons who might want to go the bank, the local market, the clinic, the Local Council, places of worship and other places in the locality amongst others. This service is free of charge.
General eligibility criteria:
Senior citizens over 60 years of age and live in the localities of:
- Żurrieq, Ħal Safi or Gudja
- Rabat (Malta), Baħrija, Mtarfa or Ħad-Dingli
- Mosta, Burmarrad, Mġarr or Għargħur
- Gżira, Msida, Ta’ Xbiex or Tal-Pietà
- Paola, Fgura, Ħal Tarxien or Santa Luċija
- Xemxija, San Pawl il-Baħar, il-Qawra and Buġibba
One needs to book not less than 2 days before and not more than a week ahead, on telephone numbers 159 or 21695544. The Call Centre hours are the same as for transport provision, that is from Monday to Friday from 7:00am till 2:00pm.
If you have any suggestions, recommendations and complaints, kindly get in touch