Home Help Service
The aim of the Home Help Service is to support beneficiaries to keep on living in the community independently for as long as possible. It also aims to provide support for informal carers.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
The Home Help Service offers assistance to older people and persons with special needs in performing light domestic chores and shopping. Once the application is approved, the Home Help supervisor will contact applicants to schedule a home visit. During this visit, the supervisor will provide detailed information about the service.
General eligibility criteria:
All applications will be given due consideration by the Active Ageing and Community Care (AACC) Home Help Committee, and if approved, a number of weekly service hours will be allocated. Each applicant is subject to an assessment by an AACC health care professional to ensure that the service is provided according to need.
- Senior citizens over 65 years of age; or
- Persons under 65 years of age holding a valid Special Identity Card issued by the Commission for the Rights of Persons with Disability (CRPD); or
- Individuals suffering from a debilitating illness
- Filled in application form including the medical report is to be submitted for the applicant
- A medical report for every other person aged 65 years – 74 years, residing within the same residence
- Persons with a disability under 65 years of age must attach a copy of the EU Disability Card issued by CRPD
- A copy of a recent hospital discharge letter (if available)
- AACC reserves the right to request any additional documentation as required.
This service is against a weekly fixed contribution payment:
- A weekly fixed contribution of €2.33 will be deducted from the pension of the beneficiary for a household with one beneficiary
- A weekly fixed contribution of €3.49 will be deducted from the pension of one beneficiary for a household with more than one beneficiary
- Beneficiaries may opt to pay this contribution directly to the Welfare Committee. Service will be provided against proof of payment
Home Help Subsidised Option:
Eligible clients may opt to engage the services of a Helper of their own choice at a subsidised rate of €5.50 for every hour approved by the AACC Home Help Committee
If you have any suggestions, recommendations and complaints, kindly get in touch