The Training Centre at St. Vincent de Paul (SVP), is licensed by the NCFHE as a Further Education Institution (License number: 2015-010) and provides the necessary training to all personnel working to ensure that the frontline staff is competent on the knowledge, practical experience and soft skills.
The Training Centre at SVP was inaugurated in 2015 and since then, many professional development projects have been developed to enhance the quality care among our residents and to improve evidence-based practice among our staff.
The Training Centre at SVP not only bridges the gap between theory and practice but encourages the multi-disciplinary team to acquire the necessary skills and attitudes to develop a holistic and person-centred care among our residents.
Training Centre Coordinators make sure to offer the latest evidence-based practice and continue to accredit courses to strengthen the knowledge-based care approach and enhance quality care among our clients.
Interdisciplinary effort within the wards also plays a key role for the Training Centre. This is because our students are guided and mentored by dedicated mentors while doing their clinical placements in SVP. Erasmus+ students doing their visiting placements at SVP are well supported and guided by the multi-disciplinary team in clinical wards and other departments within SVP. Last but not least, constant coordination with the Nursing Specialty Unit is of great importance for us to coordinate further specialized training which will enable our students to get the absolute best knowledge from other expertise.
Main Aims and Objectives of the Training Centre:
- Enhance evidence-based practice among nurses and supporting staff at SVP.
- Gain abilities, skills, knowledge and attitude to ensure excellent quality of care to older adults towards a holistic approach
- Acquire Information that addresses multifaceted health-related issues
- Bridges any theory-practice gap outlined from the Training Need Analysis
- Offer stepping stone opportunities among students attending courses with us
Continuous Courses offered at the Training Centre for SVP Staff:
- Dementia Care Practice (LAS1102)
- Award in Moving & Handling (Level 4)
- Award in Moving & Handling (Level 5)
- On-Site Sessions
- Obligatory Renewal Training
- Other courses
Continuous Courses offered at the Training Centre for the General Public:
The Training Centre opens all day and we can assist you on 2291 2473/2485 or e-mail: email@example.com