Domiciliary Nursing aims to provide a nursing service at home. Provided by the CommCare Assessment Unit, this community based service is coordinated by the CommCare team and caters for the client’s needs in a personalised and holistic manner, using a case management approach. This is achieved by involving all team members and consulting with other professionals and entities as deemed necessary. Such a service can also be used with other health and social services that are needed in every community.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
Once a referral is received, this is vetted by professionals who differentiate between simple home-based nursing cases and those that are more complex cases requiring a more intensive effort by the team.
Clients with more complex health needs are visited at home and a thorough assessment is carried out. Once their needs are identified, a care plan is devised in collaboration with the patients, their families and informal carers.
A person receiving care from CommCare is reviewed according to the client’s needs. CommCare retains the authority to decline inappropriate referrals and is responsible in deciding on the delivery of service and the frequency of treatment.
General eligibility criteria:
- Clients who are homebound and therefore are unable to leave their home without assistance; or
- Clients discharged from acute care hospitalisation and who require short or long term care and are unable to attend health centres or peripheral clinics; or
- Clients who require pre-operative preparation; or
- Clients who require treatment which cannot be appropriately administered at health centres or peripheral clinics
- Filled in Application form including the medical report signed by the client’s general practitioner. Click here to download the Medical Report
- A recent medical discharge letter, also known as case summary; or a recent referral from the client’s general practitioner. The medical referral should include the client’s clinical details and medical or surgical history, the required service and frequency, and a list of medications/consumables so that the nurse will be able to provide the required service
If you have any suggestions, recommendations and complaints, kindly get in touch